Sr. Project Manager
Our direct client in CT is looking for a Sr. Project Manager drive and deliver projects. In this role, you are accountable for the successful delivery of project scope and product features to market. This role must be able to deliver using "standard" waterfall and / or agile delivery methods. For the Product manager role the person is responsible for key functional areas of the assigned product and, in effect is the SME for any questions and clarifications related to product functionality and roadmap. For assigned projects the PM needs to adhere to and deliver the agreed scope to the aligned budget and timeline. For assigned products the focus is to develop a deep understanding of users, the market place, competitors and future trends that relate to the product.
The manager will work closely with the Portfolio lead, Scrum Master and delivery team. This manager role is responsible delivery and sign off of user stories, ensuring priorities are aligned to delivery plan, and all functional requirements are organized and documented. Ultimately this role is accountable to lead and manage the successful delivery of project and product features to market on time, on budget, and within scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the project or product lifecycle, the manager provides clear status and manages risk mitigation.
- Work closely with the Pillar portfolio leads to align to project scope or product vision and roadmap.
- Track and prioritize the product backlog, in collaboration with the Portfolio Manager, to ensure maximum value items are prioritized and aligned to business strategy
- Lead the project and product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities with all stakeholders
- Plan, prioritize and manage project scope and product feature backlog and development of requirements and user stories where appropriate
- Work closely with internal and external customers and stakeholders, including any third parties to gather business requirements and define software functionality, throughout the release lifecycle, from inception to general release to ongoing support. May also work with internal and/or external development teams and vendor partners to deliver project objectives
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects. Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered. Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company
- Provide regular guidance and support to the project and/or delivery team to ensure the team is informed, on-track and will deliver tasks successfully and ensure the delivery team has an adequate amount of tasks to work on
- Ensure all projects meet success parameters and ROI targets stated in business case. May manage multiple complex projects/products simultaneously that cross different business units and/or companies. Responsible for overall project success, business objectives, project budget and ROI
- Lead the project or product team ensuring the teams are clear on vision and direction to provide business context
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/ project or Sprint goals
- Bachelor's Degree Required in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- PMI certification or equivalent preferred
- 1-3 years' experience in software development desired and/or experience as a Product Owner, Project Manager, Product Management or Business Analyst
- Proficient with the Project and Portfolio Management Tools (Visio, MS Project, Clarity, etc.)
- Understanding of software development lifecycles (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative)
- Strong technical background and significant experience with SDLC in an Agile environment
- Skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ALM tools such as TFS or Jira
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability and in depth understanding of project management