Location: New Haven, CT
Hours: M-F (8 to 5)
Status: W-2-no sponsorship Summary: The Test Analyst plans, designs, manages, executes, and reports on testing using appropriate testing tools and techniques conforming to agreed process standards as defined by Service Transition & Validation.
Must have experience in Azure DevOps environment
Top of FormResponsibilities:
- Manage the complete test cycle of software development from requirements testing to user acceptance and release testing.
- Understand business, functional, and technical aspects of applications in assigned portfolio.
- Plan testing at different stages within the development cycle, including formulation of testing objectives and quality criteria, development of testing strategy and testing approach.
- Prepare effort estimation.
- Define and communicate the test strategy for the initiative.
- Ensure that testing activities will allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements.
- Utilize all test processes, including test plans, test deliverables and traceability.
- Design, develop and execute reusable and maintainable automated scripts using available tools.
- Create and conduct REST & SOAP Web Service tests using SoapUI, REST API clients.
- Performs data mapping and data analysis. Creates data mapping and data visualization documents.
- Design and develop test cases in consultation with programmers and Business Analyst based on requirements specifications and design description.
- Execute test and reviews test data within specified scheduled dates.
- Ensure cohesive integration of test and development activities.
- Assist in monitoring unit testing and preliminary integration testing by programmers.
- Take responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinate the execution of these activities.
- Assist in Management of business/client relationships with respect to testing matters.
- Organize and conduct user acceptance and release testing of the software.
- Participate in triage process, fully reproducing issues, communicating workarounds, developing missing test scenarios, and validating fixes; accurately submitting and maintaining defects in the appropriate repository.
- Work closely with Programmers and Business Analysts to resolve technical, design and functional issues.
- Identify process improvements and contribute to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
- Recommend functional and non-functional testing standards and implement same within the software test cycle.
- Participate in peer review of software development cycle deliverables.
- Prepare and submit reports on work progress on a regular basis.
- On-Call and/or after-hours work required.
- Proficiency in software testing techniques, testing tools, incident/defect tracking systems and other test-support tools
Proficiency in scripting test cases and defining test data sets
Experience in testing in Agile, Waterfall, and Hybrid environments
Experience in functional analysis, testing, verification, and validationExperience in estimating testing efforts
Experience leading user acceptance testing
Experience in client/server, web-based systems, and/or mainframe environments
Strong Analytical skills
Data analysis and presentation skills
Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication
Effectively participates in teams and moves toward completion of goals
Effectively resolves conflicts
Professionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communication, Flexible and Adapts to Change, Service to Customers and Clients
- ???Experience with at least 2 defect tracking tools (e.g., HP ALM, Bugzilla, PVCS Tracker, ClearQuest, Team Track) and 1 test management tool (e.g., HP ALM)
- Data analysis skills including ability to perform intermediate SQL queries
- Experience with Scripting languages.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills required
- Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud applications, web services, server-side components, and APIs
International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) Foundation Certification a plusPhysical Demands Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a majority of the workday.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$