AWS Cloud Engineer
Our direct client is looking for a AWS Cloud Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for net new AWS builds and the re-configuration of existing systems to shift from the IaaS model to PaaS/SaaS where appropriate. Needs related experience in building out systems on Cloud platform from on-premise virtual machine technologies. You will be working with a team of engineers and admins that make up the Level 3 Infrastructure support tier.
- Build, configure and migrate systems and services based in AWS Cloud
- Build and maintain automations and scripts to support and advance Cloud Infrastructure
- Perform backup and disaster recovery testing
- BS/BA in Computer Science or other engineering fields
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining Cloud Systems in AWS (3-5 years).
- Propose, develop and support automation solutions for new system deployments
- Maintain internal and customer facing cloud services (serverless and container-based)
- DR and Backup environment build and/or maintenance experience
- Proficiency with AWS CLI, Python, or other scripting languages
- Recommend best practices, document workflows for other team members / runbook mgmt.
- Any cloud certifications are a plus - AWS Associate or Professional level certification